- Open the network icon in the lower-right corner of your screen. Find the eduroam SSID and choose it.
- You will see a prompt to connect. Make sure Connect automatically is checked and choose Connect.
- You will see a prompt to accept a security certificate and choose Connect.
- Enter your CatID username followed by @uni.edu. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org. Then enter your passphrase and choose OK.
- Make sure your wifi is turned on and open up the wifi networks. Tap on eduroam to connect.
- Enter your CatID username in the Identity field followed by @uni.edu. Example: email@example.com. Scroll down to the password field, enter your passphrase, and choose Connect.
If you can't connect, your device should be should set to the following options:
EAP method: PEAP
Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
CA certificate: Use system certificates *Some devices do not have this option and must be set to Do not validate instead
Password: Your CatID passphrase
To work on eduroam, devices must support WPA-Enterprise (not just WPA-Personal) encryption. Below is list of all the incompatible wireless devices on eduroam. Some of the below devices work through a wired connection on the ResNet network.
|Wired only||Unusable on ResNet|
|BluRay players||Amazon Echo, Google Home, and Apple HomePod|
|Apple TV||Amazon Fire Stick, Amazon Fire TV Cube|
|Playstation 4||Roku Streaming Stick|
|Xbox One||Printers (use USB or Bluetooth)|
|Nintendo Switch (with USB LAN adapter)|
|Roku Player (with Ethernet port)|
Still need help?
- Try Forgetting the eduroam network and then reconnecting.
- Make sure your CatID username and password are entered correctly. You can test this out on another device with internet access by logging into the myUNIverse portal.
- Devices should have their networking settings set to automatic.
- The date and time set correctly on your device.
To connect to eduroam, your device needs to be configured as follows-
Protocol Support: 802.11ac or 802.11n
Security: 802.1x using WPA-Enterprise
Tunneled Authentication: MS CHAP v2
Certificate: DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA*